QB – Trevor Lawrence @ Indianapolis
- I’m not feeling too good about the Indianapolis Colts early on. Turmoil inside of the organization and the team might be deflated due to the absence of their star Running Back. The Jaguars will show no mercy and Trevor Lawrence will be throwing it all around the yard to his fantastic stable of wide receivers.
QB – Tua Tagovailoa @ LA Chargers
- It’s week 1 and I expect the stars to shine bright in this one. The Dolphins will be pass happy in their attempt to keep pace with the LA Chargers in this one. Tua will benefit and so will your Fantasy team.
RB – JK Dobbins Vs. Houston Texans
- There seems to be some buzz coming out of Baltimore that Dobbins is on the verge of a breakout year. Week 1, Dobbins gets a shot at the worst ranked rushing defense from the 2022 season. Putting 2 and 2 together leads me to believing that Dobbins is a must start for the week.
RB – Tony Pollard @ New York Giants
- Pollard and the Dallas Cowboys offensive line have had a pretty quiet off-season with all of the attention going towards Dak, the new Texas Coast offense & the playmakers on the defensive side of the football. I expect the silence to end and for Pollard to make some noise in this one.
WR – Chris Olave Vs. Tennessee Titans
- Chris Olave had a phenomenal rookie campaign and starts off the season against a Tennessee Titans defense that did not have much success defending the pass last season. Derek Carr will be wise to target Olave early and often.
WR – Mike Williams Vs. Miami Dolphins
- I alluded to this earlier, the Chargers and Dolphins will take part in a high scoring affair week 1. Xavien Howard, the Dolphins All-Pro cornerback, will be seeing a lot of Keenan Allen. The depth behind Howard is a little shaky while Jalen Ramsey is sidelined. Williams should win his match-ups this week.
TE – TJ Hockenson Vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Hockenson is a little banged up but is expected to play in this one. The Minnesota Vikings rewarded Hock with a massive contract and Hockenson will return the favor by having a massive week 1.
QB – Brock Purdy @ Pittsburgh Steelers
- I’m still a little nervous about Brock Purdy recovering from Tommy John surgery so quickly. I believe Purdy will be limited and the 49ers will lean on their rushing attack and defense in this one. I’m sitting Purdy until he shows me that he can still let it rip.
QB – Daniel Jones Vs. Dallas Cowboys
- The Giants bolstered their passing attack by adding Waller & Hyatt this off-season & I do believe that benefits Jones in the long term, but not week 1. The Dallas Cowboys are coming to town and bringing 1 of the best defenses in all of football.
RB – Najee Harris Vs. San Francisco 49ers
- The 49ers have one of the best run stopping units in all of football and unfortunately, Najee Harris will suffer this week. Harris is a bit of a plodder who succeeds when he can get down hill which does not match-up well with this 49ers unit.
RB – James Conner @ Washington Commanders
- Conner has been a pretty good value in Fantasy leagues a flex play on a weekly basis but things will be tougher for him this season. With no real threat from the passing game (at least as of now), teams will be able to hone in on shutting down Conner.
WR – Davante Adams @ Denver Broncos
- Jimmy Garroppolo is a step down from Derek Carr. On top of that, Adams will be seeing a lot of Patrick Surtain who is one of the league’s best young cornerbacks. Neither of those bode well for Adams and I’m anticipating he’ll be a dud this week.
WR – Michael Pittman Vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- I expect Anthony Richardson to be an above average pro but I don’t expect him to have much success week 1 against a division rival coming off of a 2nd round playoff exit in 2022. Michael Pittman will have limited opportunities to succeed in this match-up.
TE – Cole Kmet Vs. Green Bay Packers
- The Green Bay Packers were very good against tight ends during the 2022 season and they improved their defense since then. Kmet will not be much of a factor week 1 as Justin Fields will be forced to look elsewhere in the passing game.