QB – Patrick Mahomes vs. Miami Dolphins
- I don’t usually allow myself to put a player of Mahomes’s caliber on this list but after last week’s performance, I’m ok with it. Mahomes will be in the comfort of Arrowhead Stadium, he’ll be over whatever sickness ill’d him in Denver and he’ll be forced to air it out to keep up with Miami.
QB – Lamar Jackson vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Much like Mr. Mahomes, Lamar Jackson is coming off of a rather quiet game compared to his usual high level of production. This week Lamar and the Ravens will face the Seahawks and their defense that has allowed the 2nd most points to opposing QBs this season.
RB – Jonathan Taylor @ Carolina Panthers
- Don’t look now but JT has gotten better and better since returning for the Colts. Last week, Taylor ran for 95 yards, averaging 7.9 yards per carry. Taylor will face a Panthers defense that has allowed the 3 most points to running backs this season.
RB – Alvin Kamara @ Chicago Bears
- Kamara has been on fire as of late and this week he’ll be up against a Chicago Bears defense that is allowing an average of 34.7 points per game to opposing running backs. If you’re facing Kamara, I feel bad for you.
WR – CeeDee Lamb @ Philadelphia Eagles
- Over the last 2 games, Lamb has 19 receptions for 275 yards and 2 touchdowns, he is absolutely on fire. The Eagles have let up the 10th most points to opposing WRs so far this season and I love Lamb’s chances at continuing his hot streak.
WR – DeVonta Smith vs. Dallas Cowboys
- AJ Brown has been the one heating up for the Eagles but Smith has quietly begun to take off as well. Smith will be coming off of 7 reception, 99 yard performance and will get plenty of opportunities to go off on the Cowboys this week.
TE – TJ Hockenson @ Atlanta Falcons
- Hockenson owners will likely be panicking this week when thinking about the remainder of the season without Kirk Cousins to throw TJ the ball. I think Hock will be ok, especially this week when he heads to Atlanta and faces a defense that’s allowing 15.2 points per game to opposing TEs.
QB – Justin Herbert @ New York Jets
- Herbert has been good but he has not been great. I expected Justin to take a step into the elite tier this season and that’s just not been the case. This week, Herbert travels across the country and will face a relentless Jets defense. I look for this to be a low scoring game.
QB – Geno Smith @ Baltimore Ravens
- The Ravens have been on a tare and this does not bode well for Geno Smith & the Seattle Seahawks. The Ravens defense is only allowing an average of 13 points per game to opposing QBs and I’m keeping Geno out of my lineups.
RB – Tony Pollard @ Philadelphia Eagles
- At this point, Pollard could absolutely be a weekly dud. Coming into the week as the RB19 on the season, he’ll be facing an Eagles defense that is stout against the run.
RB – Aaron Jones vs. LA Rams
- Aaron Jones is another player who could be considered a weekly dud at this point. Jones has only found the end zone once this season and has not topped 40 yards rushing since week 1 (he had 41 rushing yards). I do not feel comfortable starting him anywhere.
WR – Michael Pittman @ Carolina Panthers
- The Carolina Panthers have quietly given up the 4th fewest points to opposing WRs this season. Pittman has taken a back seat to Josh Downs for the Indianapolis Colts. I don’t like Pittman’s chances to produce anything significant in this one.
WR – Quentin Johnston @ New York Jets
- Johnston finally had a performance of note after being quiet since being drafted 21st overall in the 2023 NFL Draft. Does this mean it’s time to slot him in your WR3 or flex spot on a weekly basis? No. The Jets are allowing the 8th fewest points to opposing WRs and QJ will be quiet once again.
TE – Cole Kmet @ New Orleans Saints
- Cole Kmet is currently Tight End 7 on the season, averaging just above 10 points per game. This likely makes Kmet a weekly start for whichever team he is rostered on. This week, I’m finding another starter and placing Kmet on the bench. The Saints are only allowing an average of 5 points per game to opposing Tight Ends.