QB – Justin Herbert Vs. Chicago Bears
- The Chargers need a bounce back in a big way & I think it comes in week 8, on Sunday Night Football. The Bears are currently allowing 22 points per game to opposing QBs & I’d bank on Herbert topping 25.
QB- Matthew Stafford @ Dallas Cowboys
- I’m calling Stafford a dude in back to back weeks. Maybe I’m attempting the reverse jinx, maybe I’m being sincere, who knows…I just think Nacua & Kupp will give this Cowboys secondary problems which will result in Stafford having himself a day.
RB – Isiah Pacheco @ Denver Broncos
- The Broncos have allowed the most points to opposing running backs and starting a running back facing them has become a theme on this list. Pacheco had 11 more carries than the next closest Chief in week 7 and added 4 receptions which was 3rd most on the team. I like his chances of having a big day.
RB – Travis Etienne @ Pittsburgh Steelers
- Etienne is heating up and becoming a weekly must start. Following a big day in week 7 in which he ran for 2 touchdowns on 14 carries and added 3 receptions for 24 yards, I expect him to be heavily involved against a poor Steelers rushing defense.
WR – DJ Moore @ LA Chargers
- Moore still managed to have a productive day w/ Tyson Bagent at QB in week 7, totaling 8 receptions for 54 yards. I like how much Moore is being targeted and I like his floor against a Chargers defense that has allowed the 3rd most points to opposing WRs thus far this season.
WR – Chris Olave @ Indianapolis Colts
- Some players produce when there’s some noise surrounding them, I think Olave will be one of those guys. After getting arrested for driving 70 in a 35 I expect Olave to lock in and go off in a very good match-up for him.
TE – Darren Waller Vs. New York Jets
- Waller is coming off of his best performance of the season, 7 receptions, 98 yards and 1 touchdown. Waller will be coming off of a big week right into a juicy match-up with a New York Jets secondary that is allowing 17 points per game to opposing Tight Ends.
QB – Geno Smith Vs. Cleveland Browns
- Geno Smith isn’t looking quite as electric as he did last season & he is not match-up proof. This week, the Seahawks face the Cleveland Browns who are allowing the fewest points to opposing QBs this season.
QB – Joe Burrow @ San Francisco 49ers
- This is less about Joe Burrow and more about the 49ers. Maybe I’ve shown too much faith in these 49ers but I believe they’ll be coming into this match-up on a mission after losing 2 in a row. This doesn’t bode well for Joe.
RB – LA Rams RBs @ Dallas Cowboys
- This backfield is a disaster & I want nothing to do with it. Who’s going to get the most touches? I don’t know, but whoever your guess is, I’m not starting him. Dallas is stronger against the run than most think & they should limit the production of the Rams backfield.
RB – Bijan Robinson @ Tennessee Titans
- There were tons of Bijan questions sent out in the Title Tribe community chat during the Falcons week 7 game as he appeared to be healthy but not active. Supposedly he was sick which means he’ll be fine in week 8 but I’m not giving him the start against a strong Titans rushing defense if I don’t have to.
WR – Mike Evans @ Buffalo Bills
- Mike Evans has been pretty hot and cold through the first 7 weeks of the season. This week, I’m banking on it being a cold week. The Buffalo Bills have only allowed an average total of 23 points per game to opposing wide receivers.
WR – Jaylen Waddle Vs. New England Patriots
- This might be another attempt at a reverse jinx because Waddle is one of the most rostered players for me across all of my Fantasy Football leagues. Waddle has failed to top 65 yards receiving since week 2 and has only landed in the end zone twice this season. The big plays have just seemed to escape him & I expect him to struggle against a Patriots secondary that’s currently allowing the 9th fewest points to WRs on the season.
TE – Trey McBride @ Baltimore Ravens
- McBride was one of the players I expected to break out in 2023 but he hasn’t been given the opportunities I thought he’d receive. As long as Ertz is on that roster, Trey will be 1B. The Ravens have given up the 2nd fewest points to tight ends this season which also does not bode well for McBride. Sit him.